Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sailing


Have you ever wondered how it would be to control a sailing boat for your own? In August, I wondered how it would be, so I told my dad to take me to "Club Naval", a place where I could learn more about navigation. In there, I asked what kind of boat could I use, I wanted the answer to be "you'll sail sunfish (a sailing boat)". The answer was not what I expected, it was "you'll sail optimist". I asked what was an optimist, and my sailing teacher told me that it was kind of a sunfish, but much smaller. That day, I sailed alone for the first time, because the only time I had sailed was with my parents and their friends in a sailship, but never alone. I didn't sail so good, I was slow. I went all Saturdays and Sundays, and I kind of knew how to sail. I never knew I was going to sail, but now, I'm a sailor, optimist sailor. I already knew some things about sailing, because my dad had taught me very well, and my friend Augusto said me some things I had to do. Last year, I did not liked sailing, but now I do, my advice for you, is sail, learn to sail. In three years or more, I'll be sailing sunfish, what I wanted to sail.

The photo at the top left corner is an optimist. The difference between the sunfish and the optimist is that the optimist is smaller and the shape of it's sail is cuadrangular, and the sunfish is bigger, it's sail has a triangular shape, and it is faster.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could find more blogs like this. Hope Daniel will continue writing interesting things about sailing. Very good article.

Pau I said...

Hi Daniel! I think surfing in an optimist is very cool and also sailing sunfish! I know water sports are super cool!

Isa M. said...

Hi Daniel! I love your post it is really interesting, my brother Juan Miguel also sails. Before he did'nt like it but now he loves it. Hopefully one day the two of you will sail together.Hsve good luck in your classes so you can improve.

Anonymous said...

Daniel, congratulations, yor blog is really nice.

Hope I can go saling with you soon...

Your Brother

Juan D said...

Hi,Daniel your post is very interesting i hope you be one of the best in your classes.I like a lot water sports.keep going to your classes to be the best.