Monday, October 30, 2006

.::My First Regatta::.

This Sunday I woke up, ate breakfast, got a bath, and got dressed. I prepared my sailing equipment, packed them in a bag, and told my brother to take me to the Club Naval. There, I prepared an optimist, as usual, I made sure the sail was working, all the lines were tied, and the boat was secure. Then, my partners told me that today we had a regatta (a sailing race). At the beggining I thought I was not prepared, but later I realized that I could do well. Then, I got ready to sail, I got some french fries and a soda and a bottle of water. I put my sailing gloves on and took the boat to the water.

I got inside the boat, and started practicing for the regatta. Fifteen minutes later, our teacher told us that the first regatta was going to start in five minutes. Five, four, three, two, one, start! The race started, and we were four who raced. I was in third place, the race had just started. When we were about to finish the first race, out of four, and I passed a boy who was in front of me, I stayed second. I was happy, it was my first regatta and I stayed second, but three more races were coming. In the second race, I started really bad, and I stayed third. The same in the third regatta. The last regatta was very cool. We were all tied, sometimes I was first, and sometimes last. This race lasted for about 16 minutes. When the race was about to be over, I was in the last place. I wanted to be third, so I did everything I had to do to sail very well. After some minutes of trying, I finally had come to a third place, useful for me. The teacher told us that I stayed second in general, I was very happy with the results of my first regatta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dani...

And dont forget that i will take you the Santa Fe jersey.

Your big brother