Saturday, October 28, 2006

CAMUN


Last year, my cousins told me they were going to the annual JMUN (Junior Model United Nations) in the school. I didn't know what it was about so I ask them about JMUN. They told me that it was a conference that simulated a United Nations conference. They also told me that JMUN was not so important, they told me that CAMUN (Cartagena Model United Nations) was more important because people from different countries come to the conference. I liked all that stuff about discussing and defending your point of opinion, so I told them if I could participate, and my cousins told me that I sure could. A week before the conference I started getting ready, I rented a full dress, I wrote a speech that everyone had to write, and I studied the point of opinion of the country I chose. I chose Ukraine, and I was partner with Luis Carlos because he also chose Ukraine. The day before the conference we went to a coctel that marked the beginning of CAMUN in the Castillo de San Felipe. There, Luis and I found out that Roberto and Augusto where participating in the conference, we thought it was cool.

Finally, the conference starting day was up. I woke up, ate breakfast, got a bath, and got dressed up. My dad took me to Hotel Caribe, the place where the conference occurred. Luis, Roberto, Augusto and I where very nervous, we did not know what to do or to say. After the first day of the conference, we had only said a few words. the next day, we talked a lot, and we discussed a lot. The conference ended on a Sunday, and we where happy because we had been in the CAMUN conference.

This year I will participate in JMUN and CAMUN, but this time I will arrive much more prepared because I am in the MUN elective where I have learned a lot about this conferences. JMUN will be in November 28 or 29, I don't remember. I hope I’ll do well.

1 comment:

Juan D said...

Hi, Daniel your post made me think that your experince of CAMUN last year was awesome.Last year I was going to enter but at the end I didn´t wanted. I hope you do well on MUN this year. It was a very good post that can influence people to enter this year.